London: American Serena Williams continued to lead the latest women’s singles rankings released on May 9, while German Angelique Kerber rose to the second place.
Agnieszka Radwanska fell to third spot.
Garbine Muguruza of Spain came in the fourth place with 4,847 points, as Romanian Simona Halep climbed to fifth and Belarusian Victoria Azarenka fell to sixth, while Italian Roberta Vinci rose to seventh.
Russian Maria Sharapova, sanctioned for failing a doping test, fell out of the top 10 after Swiss Timea Bacsinszky rose to the 10th place.
In the women’s doubles, top pair Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis maintained their joint position with 12045 points each.
The current rankings and point scores are as follows:
- Serena Williams (America) 8,235 points
- Angelique Kerber (Germany) 5,740
- Agnieszka Radwanska (Poland) 5,665
- Garbine Muguruza (Spain) 4,847
- Simona Halep (Romania) 4,650
- Victoria Azarenka (Belarus) 4,530
- Roberta Vinci (Italy) 3,505
- Belinda Bencic (Switzerland) 3,330
- Petra Kvitova (Czech Republic) 3,067
- Timea Bacsinszky (Switzerland) 3,065.